Wednesday 7 November 2012

Christmas Shoebox Appeal



Christmas Shoebox Appeal! 11 days left to donate!


Hi everyone. I'm not sure if anyone remembers the shoebox appeal whereby Christmas gifts are sent overseas to those in need/with very little. Christmas is definitely a time for giving, and often we can become too tied up in the materialistic aspect of Christmas, although having said that we do live in a consumerist, capitalist society.

This year I have filled 2 shoeboxes full of gifts to bring happiness to children less fortunate than us. Within the boxes I have included toys, sweets, colouring pens/pencils, stationary, however the children also need basic utensils such as toothbrushes which I have also included. I probably spent around £15 on each box which isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things but I feel extremely fortunate to have been given the opportunity to make someone's Christmas special and full of magic as without donations these children would receive very little.  

All you have to do is fill the box, pay the P&P (£2.50) and hand the box(es) into your nearest Shoe Zone store


Having lived in India for two years as a child I have witnessed extreme poverty first hand, I feel compelled to help in as many ways as I possibly can.
Here are some of my photographs from my trips to India: 








3 comments:

  1. Hey that's so incredibly sweet of you :) i'm doing something similar this Diwali! Do ya'll celebrate Diwali? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) oh awesome! I love Diwali! :) Such a bright and colourful festival! my favourite is holi though! but we don't celebrate that here :(

      Delete
    2. Cool cool. Yeah holi is my favorite too but I don't play cause i'm scared of the permanent colors people use these days :P oh btw, happy diwali! have fun. :)

      Delete